Oral Surgery in Lafayette, LA
We offer a variety of oral surgery services for the highest quality dental care for our patients. We encourage you to learn more about what we provide and how we can help. If you have any questions, please contact us by calling (337) 406-9994. We're always happy to hear from you.
Why Might You Need Oral Surgery?
There are many reasons you might need an oral surgery procedure. These are just a few:
- Wisdom tooth extraction, to remove third molars which are crowding other teeth, difficult to clean or are surrounded by bone (impacted) and will never erupt
- Tooth extraction, for orthodontic work, damaged teeth or periodontally compromised teeth, or to place a denture
- Bone grafts, to add bone if the bone in your jaw is diminished from wearing a denture or partial for many years; you may also need a bone graft to add bone for a dental implant
- Dental implant placement, to replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth
- Jaw and facial problems, to correct poor jaw alignment or other structural issues
Is Oral Surgery Painful?
No discussion of oral surgery would be complete without mentioning patient comfort. The relaxation and comfort of the patient is the most important consideration for your Lafayette oral surgeon during your procedure. That’s why there are many different methods of anesthesia available, depending on the procedure and your preference. Consider:
- Local anesthesia, an injection or injections to numb the treatment area
- Nitrous oxide, a gas administered to promote wellbeing and relaxation
- Oral sedation, a pill used to promote deep relaxation during which you will be able to respond, but you won’t remember the procedure
- IV sedation, delivered through a vein to create the most profound relaxation during which you may go to sleep and won’t remember the procedure